Why do I think so?
A series of updates by Google like Panda, Penguin and Hummingbird, and ‘not providing’ organic keyword data in analytics has led me to this conclusion. Organic keyword data helps SEO planners optimize their campaign by in reviewing keywords that have helped generate greater traffic. But highly SEO optimized sites now find themselves being pushed to later pages under Google.
Also, a few months ago, Google finally bid goodbye to its popular flagship tool for keyword research – Google Keyword tool and replaced it with a new tool called Keyword Planner.
On Digi Shovel, I had reviewed how The Google keyword planner was better than the Google Keyword Tool but further research on keyword planner has brought some serious concerns to the fore.
Cons of Keyword Planner Tool
- Confusing user interface – The user interface of Keyword Planner is pretty much more confusing as compared to the Keyword Tool.
- Absence of broad and phrase match searches – This is not less than a nightmare for SEO and Search and Display Ad Planners. As of now, Keyword Planner doesn’t show broad and phrase match searches for different keywords. Broad and phrase match keyword helps you distinguish and select different keywords for your online campaign.
- Reduced features – Some of the features like ‘show ideas only related to my search terms’ are not there in the Keyword Planner
- Mandatory Google Adwords account – Unlike the old Keyword Tool, in order to access the new Planner Tool, an adwords account is a must-have for users. This wasn’t a compulsory in the Keyword Tool.
You can check: Complete Guide On Domain Authority
Alternatives Of Keyword Planner?
If the above mentioned features have been imperative to your SEO and PPC campaign planning techniques, then you may want to give other keyword tools a try. Here are some tools that we recommend for your keyword selection.
- An excellent tool for not just checking the number of searches for your chosen keywords, but it also maps your competitors’ keywords and their potential to generate traffic. Definitely a plus in optimizing campaigns!
- ‘RoI indicator’ is a unique feature that differentiates it from other keyword tools. This feature allows you to check better converting keywords along with Ad Copy Combination with ease. Advance searching option (which was also available in Google Keyword Tool) makes the research even simpler by offering you multiple options to choose from to narrow down your research.
Moz Tool –
Along with the recent changes in their branding from SEOMoz to Moz, they have added a range of wonderful features for campaign optimization. Though, the keyword searches and ideas deviate a little bit from Keyword Spy and Planner, this tool gives you a brief insight of keyword quality. Elegant reports which are comparatively easier to study, is what I personally liked about this tool. But let’s not forget, great services come with great prices. Moz tool is comparatively costlier than its counterparts and not really suitable for SMEs. Asking for the free 30 days trial of this tool to test how it affects your ROI, would be a good idea.
Thats It friends now I want to know your views about Keyword Planner. If you find this post helpful then please share it with you friends on social networking websites.